89 Days left until Operation Christmas Child Collection Week!
What to Pack for A GIRL 5-9 Shoe Box?
Everyone finds this to be the EASIEST and most fun to do! Perhaps that is why every sending country around the world receives more boxes for this age group than any other!!! Yet MOST of the items you buy will be the same for any age category and could be boy or girl. (The least amount of boxes they receive are for Boy 2-4 and Boy 10-14.) I always suggest praying as you pick your age group while you are shopping, asking God to help you to find just the right items that will be perfect for your child.
NEW to the brochure this year:
Include items that children will immediately embrace, such as dolls, toy trucks, stuffed animals, kazoos, harmonicas, yo-yos, jump ropes, balls, toys that light up and make noise, etc.
This will be the exciting and fun item of your box, so for GIRLS to play with:
- DOLLS —can I say it again?….DOLLS! They LOVE them. Any doll, all dolls! Baby dolls, Barbies, rag dolls, etc. You can pack extra clothes, a brush for the doll, doll accessories to play with.
- Doll bed – you can make a simple cloth one like a sleeping bag.
- Stuffed animal – more to hug and cuddle
- Anything GLITTERY – crowns, fairy wands, dress up
- Fun glittery jewelry
- Craft kits (You can even make your own – fill a baggie with beads and string)
- Paper dolls (might need a blunt edge scissors if they are not cut out already)
- Ribbon Wands
- Pocket books, coin purses
- Balls (tennis balls, wiffle balls, bouncy balls, paddleballs, hacky sack, beach ball)
- Soccer Ball with pump
- Legos or blocks, Duplos
- Puzzles of all sorts
- Hand or finger puppets
- Plastic animals, Happy Meal toys
- Games that don’t require alot of directions (they might not read or know English) – checkers, dominos, ring toss, matching cards
- Flying items – foam and paper airplanes, kites, frisbees
- Toys that make noise – clackers, harmonicas, whistles, recorders, tambourine, bells, maracas
- Bean bags – but NOT stuffed with beans! Use plastic pellets (beans will spoil and are considered a food item)
- Handheld Etch-a-Sketch
School Supplies – Did you know that many children can’t attend school because they don’t have school supplies?
- Pencils and sharpener
- Colored Pencils
- Watercolor sets
- Mechanical Pencils
- Notebooks, pads, index cards and all kinds of paper
- Construction paper
- Scissors with a blunt tip
- Ruler, protractor
- Coloring and activity books
- Self-Inking stamps
- Chalk, small chalkboard
- Gloves, mittens
- Scarf, woolen, or even fun fashion scarves
- Flip Flops
- T-shirt, any shirt!
- Rain poncho
Grooming and Hygiene Items
- Mild Soap (in a baggie please!)
- Washcloth or small towel
- Toothpaste (check the expiration date! for this year collection, the box might not be delivered well into 2014…possibly even 8/14)
- Comb or Brush
- All kinds of Hair Ribbons, Elastics, Clips, Headbands
- Nail Clippers
Some other ideas:
- Bowl, cup, plate, spoon, fork
- Plastic magnifier
- Tote bag
- Illustrated books
- Colorful Band-Aids
Hard Candy – check the expiration date and DOUBLE BAG. No Jolly Ranchers please…they seem hard now, but they melt like crazy!!!
It might seem fun to throw in all your wrapped hard candy at the end without a baggie and let it fill in all the little spaces in your box. Please DON’T do this. So many many boxes are ruined this way. Inside those cargo containers and out in the sun, candy that you would never think would melt, melts all over the school supplies, etc. When my daughter was in Belize, a little boy showed her his box. The red lollipop had melted onto the brand new white t-shirt in his box leaving a big red stain
DO NOT INCLUDE
- War related toys (soldiers, guns, etc). No camo clothes or items.
- Liquids or lotions. So no bubbles or shampoo or liquid glue. It might leak and ruin the box.
- Used/worn items. We want to bless these children with new items. So anything obviously used or worn will be removed from your shoebox.
- Food or chocolate. It might melt or spoil.
- Medications and vitamins.
- Aerosal cans. Yikes, these could explode!
Tagged with: 100
Set your Twitter account name in your settings to use the TwitterBar Section.