Yesterday, we went over how to pack a shoebox. So, today I thought we should discuss how to wrap a shoebox! There are basically two choices of shoeboxes: plastic and cardboard. If you go the cardboard route, you’ll most likely want to decorate or wrap you shoebox in some way. But, you may not realize that plastic shoeboxes can be decorated too! Wrapping shoeboxes is a great opportunity to get kids involved with Operation Christmas Child as well!
Wrapping/decorating is, of course, completely optional, but it adds to the fun!
Cardboard Shoe boxes:
Well, the most obvious thing to do with a cardboard box is wrap it, but there are others ways to decorate it, too.
- Paint it (spray paint or regular)
- Cover it with stickers
- Use the front of greeting cards to decorate it
- Mod Podge on fabric, scrap book paper, wall paper, photos, etc
- Put your or your child’s hand prints on the shoebox with paint (thanks, Lainey)
If you’re planning on wrapping a lot of shoeboxes, you’ll definitely want to watch this video. It demonstrates an easy way to save paper and quickly wrap a shoebox!
And, if you’re wrapping shoeboxes that have attached lids (also called flip lids), you’ll want to watch this super fast method!
And, here’s a question for you…. Any tips on how to wrap a box with tabs, like the one below?
Plastic Shoe boxes:
Here’s a few ideas that you all came up with recently for decorating a plastic shoe box.
Line the inside of the shoebox with:
- A bandana (thanks, Hope)
- A clothing item for the child
- Wrapping Paper
- Tissue Paper
- A fabric swatch (then include a sewing kit inside the box as well)
- Reusuable Bag
- Heavy weight coloring paper/construction paper and include crayons or markers inside the box
- Kitchen towel or hand towel (thanks, Kristin!)
- Pillowcase (thanks, Hope!)
- Verses of Scripture (thanks, Sherrie!)
Or decorate the outside of the shoebox with:
- Mod Podge on wallpaper, scrapbook paper, pictures, scripture, magazine cut outs, etc.
- a Sharpie
- Wide colored tape making stripes around the box (thanks, Lanette)
Do you have any more ideas?
Tagged with: 100
Search by Category
Grab my Button!
Find OCC Items on Amazon!