I’ve had this idea in the back of my head ever since I spotted Martha Stewart’s Magnetic Paint at Michael’s ($6.99). I finally put it into practice this weekend and my kiddos are loving it! The possibilities are endless of which types of scenes you can create. I liked the nativity scene because I found some great downloadable graphics. Those sticker scenes from Oriental Trading could be used for this project, too. I also played around with my scrapbooking supplies and came up with a simple beach scene:
- Martha Stewart Magnetic Paint Effect
- Foam Brush or Paint Brush
- Card stock or other heavy paper
- Stick on magnets or sheets of magnets, scissors, & glue
- Take your desired background paper (either printed on card stock or scrapbook paper or blank (like I used for nativity). Paint the back side with 3 coats of magnetic paint. You should wait about an hour between coats. While you’re waiting for the paint to dry, feel free to move on the the following steps to speed things along.
- Print out your characters or items that will be used in the scene (i.e. the people and animals of the nativity). Cut them out individually and laminate them. After they’re laminated, apply the magnets to the back side.
- Once your background page is dry and ready, laminate it. It might get slightly curled from the paint, but it straightens out in the laminator. No worries.
Now you have a cute little story board scene that can keep a child busy for hours. Plus, it’s very durable. If you’d like to include this in your Operation Christmas Child shoe boxes, I suggest putting all the little parts in a plastic baggie so they don’t get lost. The laminated sheet should fit nicely around the edges of your shoe box if you make sure it’s not too big.
Here’s how to link up:
Enter you link below to a blog post that showcases a great kid’s craft. I’d appreciate a link back to me in your blog post, and feel free to use the Made for You Monday Button as well. If you really need more detailed instructions than that, you can read the full details on how to link up here. Can’t wait to see your creations!
Some posts contains affiliate links which help to pay this site’s maintenance fees.
Mary and Jessica are participants in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
My Achives! You Can Read ALL My Older Posts
My Favorite Amazon Items for OCC